Graduate Molecular Biologist
Jackson Hogg is exclusively engaged with an international technology business who are looking for two Molecular Biologists to join their expanding team in Sedgefield. The business is developing pathogen sensors to detect pathogens within the environment to protect public health. As the Molecular Biologist, you will work as part of the biotechnology team, carrying out molecular biology and genomic methodologies that will be incorporated into the detectors.
- Performing research into developing or modifying existing techniques to fit the purpose of the project.
- Work in the laboratory, carrying out different molecular techniques such as nucleic acid purification, PCR, cell line maintenance and NGS sequencing.
- Analysing and presenting data, writing reports, and accurately recording the procedures and findings of research.
- Maintenance of instruments and writing SOPs.
- Working closely with the engineering labs, working together to develop products.
Requirements for the position
- BSc or MSc in relevant subject area.
- Previous wet laboratory experience.
This is a graduate position and full training will be provided. This is a great opportunity to begin your career in the biotech industry, working on a project that can really make a difference. If you are a graduate looking for your first step in industry, please apply now.