- Job Title: Associate Scientist
- Location: Speke, Liverpool.
- Contract: 12 months
- Pay – GBP13.20 p/h
- Hours: Mon – Fri (37.5 hours)
SRG are currently working with a global pharmaceutical manufacturer based in Liverpool, looking for an Associate Scientist to join their team.
The Flu Biopharmaceutical Development (Flu–BPD) group is a multi–disciplinary scientific function providing expertise in Virology, Process Development, and Analytical Development. The team is responsible for the development of candidate vaccine virus strains for the seasonal, live attenuated, influenza vaccine (LAIV).
The Analytical Development Testing Team is a dynamic function with a strong focus on science and technology, accountable for analytical testing, cell culture, providing troubleshooting expertise on a variety of assays.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine testing to support the Flu–BPD department for seasonal vaccine strain development activities and other research work being carried out within the group
- Perform non – routine research projects under the guidance and supervision of a more experienced scientist, ensuring the timely provision of accurate data
- Make detailed observations, analyse data, and interpret results
- Present findings at internal meetings and support the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Ensure activities are aligned with site business objectives and meets the required standard, with respect to documentation, good housekeeping, SHE, time keeping, budgets and regulatory legislation
- Laboratory maintenance – housekeeping self–inspections and stock control – re–order schedules and communication with key suppliers
- Laboratory documentation of results is accurate, neat and timely, to include investigations. Assist in the review and approval of laboratory documentation
Requirements / Qualifications:
- To have a minimum of science degree or equivalent in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Virology or other science related field
- Cell based assay/cell culture experience.
- Lab experience
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG – The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.