Quotient Therapeutics, Inc. Cambridge, MA Senior Director,
What if you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies to transform human health and sustainability?
Quotient Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held, early–stage company developing a novel genomics platform and therapeutics for diseases with a large unmet need.
Quotient Therapeutics, Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovative enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first–in–category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 100 groundbreaking companies over the past twenty years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA) Generate Biomedicines, Sana Biotechnology (SANA), Tessera Therapeutics, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Indigo Agriculture, Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS). To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow–on investments from other institutions. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune's "Change the World" list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Lead a team of biologist and pharmacologists, leverage your understanding of complexed disease biology and early–stage drug development processes to successfully drive programs in support of the discovery platform.
- Build, proactively manage, and professionally develop a high–performing team of Ph.D.–level Scientists and Research Associates to design, optimize, validate, and execute studies within aggressive timelines.
- Oversee the design and execution in vivo and in vitro functional Target validation experiments as well as:
- Provide biology/pharmacology support and assay development for early stages of drug discovery and development
- Provide expertise in translational disease biology across multiple indications with Cardiometabolic space
- Source, Scope, and Manage ExternalResearch Partners
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature
- Timely and effectively communicate results to the Quotient Therapeutics team and executive management
- PhD with 7+ years of experience in biology sciences: pharmacology, molecular biology, cellular biology, or related fields
- 5+ years of industry experience preferred with experience leading teams
- Demonstrated scientific knowledge of Cardiometabolic disease biology,experimental design and execution
- Specific knowledge of NASH/NAFLD, Atherosclerosis, Diabetes, Obesity, or rare Cardiometabolic diseases is highly preferred
- Experience in other TAs, such as Cardiovascular, Infectious Diseases, Immunology or others also beneficial
- Deep understanding of the role of Target Validation in drug development
- Demonstrated ability of:
- Leading and retaining a high–performing team
- Establish clear key priorities and balance multiple priorities in parallel
- Contributing to important decision–making, even in the face of sparse data and uncertainty
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team–oriented, fast–paced environment
Flagship Pioneering is a biotechnology company that invents and builds platform companies, each with the potential for multiple products that transform human health or sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $90 billion in aggregate value. Many of the companies Flagship has founded have addressed humanity's most urgent challenges: vaccinating billions of people against COVID–19, curing intractable diseases, improving human health, preempting illness, and feeding the world by improving the resiliency and sustainability of agriculture. Flagship has been recognized twice on FORTUNE's "Change the World" list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies, and has been twice named to Fast Company's annual list of the World's Most Innovative Companies. Learn more about Flagship at .
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies arecommitted to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
At Flagship, we recognize there is no perfect candidate. If you have some of the experience listed above but not all, please apply anyway. Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We are dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams and look forward to learning more about your unique background.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, "FSP") do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering's internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.