Production Chemistry Team Leader
6 days left
- Oil Plus
- 70000.00 GBP Annual + depending on experience
- 10 May 2023
- 07 Jun 2023
- Contract Type
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
Oil Plus has a long–standing reputation in designing and troubleshooting oilfield water handling and treatment facilities – identifying and improving flow assurance issues through a combination of chemical and mechanical engineering solutions.
Solving process issues often requires analysis at site. Oil Plus differs from other service and laboratory companies because we have the equipment, skilled scientists, and engineers to do this. A troubleshooting project often requires an on–site review of all the critical equipment and processes; necessitating real–time fluid sampling and initial testing, followed by further laboratory evaluation in our purpose–built laboratory in the UK, and computer modelling and predictions.
The role of Production Chemistry Team Lead at Oil Plus is to lead and grow the existing team and to enhance the solid foundation built to date; you'll become a valuable part of our second–tier management team. Tackling a wide range of technical production chemistry challenges, it's a chance to deepen your industry knowledge, experience and strengthen your leadership skills.
The position is based in Oil Plus's Newbury office.
You'll be seen as a role model for good practice and valued for your expertise. From day to day, you'll work closely with your colleagues on a variety of global oil & gas projects and guide your team in a variety of areas.
Oil Plus is looking for someone proactive and assertive who has shown they can work effectively on their own initiative. A very capable communicator, you'll enjoy networking with a variety of people from other technical disciplines.
POSITION IN COMPANY:
Accountable to: Operations Manager
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Works in conjunction with: Reservoir Engineering and Process Engineering Peers
MAIN DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying risks and providing chemical and non–chemical solutions for field development projects and operating assets.
- Providing production chemistry expertise input to the design and operation of development and decommissioning projects.
- Proactively contributing to HSE activities; sharing learnings on chemicals HSE management and other aspects.
- Proactively provide specialist advice on chemical process and flow assurance related matters to prevent operational upsets, solve problems and optimise systems and ensure safe operation.
- Develop direct laboratory / field trials to assess new chemicals or treatments and organising appropriate laboratory analyses and interpreting their results.
- Provide input into commercial tenders and help lead the technical generation of proposals.
- To provide experience and wide knowledge to undertake studies and analyses / evaluations of Chemistry related issues in the oil and gas industry on request from Oil Plus clients, and to provide solutions as appropriate.
- Support or influence operational growth in the areas of responsibility by introducing innovative ways to reduce costs of our technical delivery.
- Actively identifies, pursues, and develops opportunities for innovation such as digitalisation and technology use, diversity and inclusion to bring enhanced value to Oil Plus and their customers.
- Foster and enhance customer relationships with open, honest, and effective communications. Work with the customer facing teams to improve scope of work / offering, understand and deliver customer required level of services.
- Accountability for department profit and loss account, to gross margin level.
- Act as a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Responsive to customer needs whilst ensuring the company operates with the utmost integrity, in line with the Code of Conduct and Company policies.
- Facilitate open and effective communication to optimise delivery of objectives, maximise team performance and achieve continuous performance improvement, working closely with other areas of operation to promote and enhance collaboration.
- Generate team spirit, enthusiasm and passion, pursue eradication of unproductive practices and negative mindsets to create a vibrant culture of positive thinking and attitude.
- Oversee the competence management system for your technical function.
The RACI diagram below indicates how various activities mesh together to accomplish a given task or complete a project or a business activity. It also depicts the roles that are Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed through the process.
Production Chemistry Team Leader
Department Monthly Operations Forecasting
Department Technical Meeting
Department Technical Resource Management
Department Project Management / Progression
Department Operations Quality Assurance
Department Technical Input to Sales Process
Meeting Department Gross Margin Expectations
JOB KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
In order to fulfil the role to the company's expectation, it is anticipated that the following Job Knowledge/Professional Development is required:
- Global knowledge and experience in upstream production operations.
- Working knowledge of liquid hydrocarbon and gas processing/operations.
- Leadership and HSSE role model.
- Risk Management role model.
- A thorough understanding of strategic and change management with the ability to translate this into appropriate goals, methodologies, and strategies for implementation.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED:
Skills required to effectively perform the role are:
- Skills spanning process chemistry, chemical aspects of flow assurance and associated operations.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of PC–literacy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong project management skills.
- In depth report writing skills and review.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Commercial awareness.
- Organisational ability.
EDUCATION + TRAINING REQUIRED:
Academic or vocational education and/or training required:
- Scientific or Engineering Degree in a suitable subject coupled with wide experience in an oil and gas industry role (necessary).
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in a science subject, ideally chemical engineering or chemistry (desired).
- Management Degree (desired).
- Member of Professional Institute (Chartered Engineer / Manager) (highly advantageous).
- PhD or DSc in related subject (highly advantageous).
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or similar (desired).
RECENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Desired experience relating to the specific role. Similar to job skills required but relating to expectations from the most recent experience attained.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Substantial Offshore Production Chemistry Experience.
- Significant experience in a related role in Brownfield Oil & Gas or minerals processing.
- The successful candidate should have experience in physical and inorganic chemistry, microbiology and general laboratory safety procedures such as; COSHH, MSDS, and IATA regulations.
- Experience in senior contract management
In the region of GBP70,000 depending on experience