Junior Research Scientist - Molecular Biology
- 22000.00 - 26000.00 GBP Annual
- 19 May 2023
- 31 May 2023
- Biomedical Science
- Contract Type
Want to kick–off your scientific career as part of a friendly and experienced team?
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior research scientist to join our technology team and work alongside fellow molecular biologists on our proprietary clostridial engineering platform.
You will be based in our labs on Milton Park, Oxfordshire, and your primary role will involve expansion of our catalogue protein portfolio.
You will learn how to use our CLEAVE genome editing technology to generate recombinant clostridial microbes and will work with a small team to use this as a basis from which to develop next generation methods. Full training in handling and manipulation of anaerobic microbes will be provided.
In this role, you will be able to
- Apply your knowledge and/or experience of working with recombinant microbes to carry out experiments with the support of senior team members
- Interpret data and confidently present conclusions to senior staff
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning new lab methods
- Come up with new ideas and, with guidance, establish new and improved lab methods
- Follow directions and keep good lab notes
- You have completed a level 5 apprenticeship, BSc or MSc degree with expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry or a closely related subject
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You will be able to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a keen interest in anaerobic microbiology and a desire to apply your knowledge in an industry setting
What you can expect from us
We are a rapidly growing biotech company, looking for the best and brightest team players who share our passion. We offer a supportive, inclusive and encouraging work environment, providing you with plenty of opportunities for career development, including a focus on skills development and work shadowing of scientists in other departments.
At Biocleave we never forget that, first and foremost, teams are made up of individuals with different perspectives that are necessary to drive innovation and industry growth. The entire team at Biocleave contributes to the overall customer–impact we make as an organisation. We welcome applications from individuals who will complement our existing team and values. We consider our success a reflection of the investments we make in our people.
If it sounds like you would be a good fit, we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements outlined above.