Analytical Group Leader
- Marketplace Technical
- United Kingdom
- 60000.00 - 61000.00 GBP Annual
- 13 May 2023
- 27 May 2023
- Biomedical Science
- Contract Type
Leading Analytical Development company seeks an experienced Analytical Group Leader
About the role:
To provide technical and managerial leadership to multiple large and small analytical teams. Primarily Raw Materials, Cleaning Verification, Environmental Monitoring, Laboratory Equipment and Laboratory Support to manage the progress of Analytical work and ensure that project schedules are met and that the work is carried out safely, efficiently, compliantly, and accurately, providing regular updates to Analytical management.
Duties may include:
- Provide management, leadership and coaching to multiple operational analytical teams and enable the delivery of complex projects.
- Lead Analytical aspects of Client cGMP audits and Regulatory cGMP inspections as required.
- Ensure that the Raw Materials, Cleaning Verification, Environmental / Microbiology, Equipment and Lab Support Teams provide all work efficiently and compliantly while keeping the service users informed of progress.
- Forecast and manage their analytical group resources ensuring adequate availability is maintained to deliver development projects.
- Monitor and report on budgeted vs. contracted hours for assigned work. Highlight issues / out of scopes to the relevant team and escalate significant issues to their manager as required.
- Provide technical and operational support to analytical teams and assess projects assigned to them for possible issues, particularly those that are technically demanding. Escalate significant issues to their manager as appropriate.
- Monitor the overall progress of work assigned to their group and report progress to departmental manager. Ensure all responsibilities assigned to the group progress to plan.
- Ensure materials purchases are controlled and budget adherence is maintained for their group. Ensure that the CAPEX programme for the Analytical Laboratories progresses to completion each financial year.
- Ensure documentation quality and timeliness is maintained and within their group, and have overall governance for their groups adherence to Quality Management System (QMS) document closure timelines (e.g. CAPA, Deviations, Change Requests etc.).
- Compile, Review and Approve Quality Documentation for example SOP's, Specifications, Reports and Protocols as required.
- Ensure overall Safety, GMP and housekeeping compliance is maintained, and that equipment within their laboratory areas remains in calibration and functions as required.
Skills and experience:
- S c. (or equivalent) in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or a Life Science subject with a significant chemistry component.
- Significant experience of managing and leading analytical teams within a GMP/GLP laboratory supporting the development of pharmaceutical drug products. Including recruitment, performance management and talent management
- Experience of hosting aspects of laboratory quality audits and inspections by external bodies. This experience should have been gained from hosting aspects of many different cGMP/GLP quality audits
- Analytical development activities within a contract research environment
For more information apply now