- Cranleigh Scientific
- United Kingdom
- 20000.00 - 25000.00 GBP Annual
- 23 May 2023
- 31 May 2023
- Laboratory Services
- Contract Type
A growing scientific business requires a recent graduate to join their small R&D laboratory and provide hands on laboratory support to a team of scientists. You will be focused on providing laboratory support as well as undertaking various test and analysis of samples on a daily basis. To be successful, you will require a recent biology based degree.
Due to the location of the company we require candidates to possess their own transport.
Work within a budget.
The role will be responsible for the maintenance of laboratory equipment and safety.
- Manage the day to day running of the laboratory.
- Prepare media for use in microbiological and biochemical analysis and ensure stocks of media and consumables are maintained.
- Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance to required scientific, regulatory and intellectual property requirements
- Prepare and follow SOPs and safety protocols
- Help plan and execute, farm and laboratory scale, silage additive fermentation and aerobic stability trials.
- Carry out microbiological analysis of trials.
- Carry out biochemical analysis of trial samples using HPLC.
- Carry out stability trials on products.
- Optimise silage additive product formulations.
- Ensure that sampling, collection and analysis of data is managed in an efficient way and that results are collated and presented in a clear and timely manner.
- Collaborate and provide support to members of the fermentation optimisation and development, strain development and microbiology teams in areas of understanding of the metabolism of the strains in both production and ensiling fermentations and actively communicate within the over–all team.
- Maintain up–to date knowledge of scientific theories and principles and continually develop skill sets for new technologies, methods etc.
- Actively participate in project and technical meetings to critically evaluate projects, as well as in cross functional teams and product development teams with business units.
- Handle complex tasks simultaneously and stick to milestones and completion dates.
Prepare scientific reports and presentations as required.
Degree in Biology, Microbiology or Biochemistry
Excellent organisational, interpersonal and teamwork and communication skills.
Strong affinity to lab work
Excellent understanding and knowledge of microbiology and biochemical techniques
Strong ability to work in data rich environment and rapidly compile and integrate complex data into comprehensive results
Strong analytical and problem–solving skills
Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to be part of a wider multi–disciplined team
Ability to work under strict timelines with a high degree of accuracy